Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tool #3

My 18 month old son goes to "school" on Wednesdays. It gives me a chance to catch up on housework and have some time to myself. I had great plans for today: complete Tool #3, mop, do the dishes, organize my closet. Can you guess what I've done all morning...I'll give you a hint...my closet is still a wreck.

I have had a blast with image generators and mashups! This is probably pretty obvious. The first thing I did was make a mosaic of pictures taken the last week of school with my students. The "old" RGE building is being demolished, so the last day of school we had a toast to the building and all the memories we shared in it.
I was already familiar with Animoto. I included a video I made right after my son was born. I was in the middle of maternity leave, and totally obsessed with him. Well, who am I kidding? The obsession continues, so I had to make a new video with recent photos.
I used Spell with Flickr to make my name....how fun! I also used wordle to create my favorite Bible verse.

I've basically spent all of my free time this morning, so please feel free to comment on all of my hard work. (ha, ha!) What fun and inspiring ways for children to present information to the class, make projects, or just have fun exploring technology...all while expressing themselves in different ways.

3 comments:

  1. I loved big huge labs, and still return to it after two years. It is my very favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean about getting lost in all of the fun of these sites...and letting hours go by. Sometimes when I know I MUST do other things I force myself to use a timer so when time is up, I move on to more fun like mopping! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! And, your blog is so impressive! It is really cool what technology has to offer these days, especially in education!

    ReplyDelete