Monday, June 21, 2010

Tool #10

I enjoyed learning about the iTouch. I think that they will be such a great addition to the classroom. When reviewing the apps, I noticed several that are free as well as several that the district has provided for us. There are a bunch of math apps, which will be great for reinforcing a TEK once it's been covered. I could easily see them being used in workstations. I noticed an app called ABC Tracing where train, truck and worm animations come to life for children to follow, while showing the proper way to write alphabet letters and numbers. This really spoke to the mother in me, as well as the Reading Recovery teacher in me! The district provides Google Earth, which I love. Another district provided app that looks useful is USA Factbook. Of course, there are plenty of games such as Hangman and Sudoku. What a great tool to use for classroom management. The students will really benefit from having iTouches in the classroom!

2 comments:

  1. I was blown away by how fast the students take to those i-touches. I was apprehensive about the little ones using them with any benefit, but was I wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took the district I-touch class today and learned alot about what they can do. I haven't gotten to this tool yet but I think it is great we have the opportunity to do all these things (classes, blogging, etc) so that we can keep up with our students!!!! I am really looking forward to seeing what we can do in our classes with all this technology.

    ReplyDelete