Monday, June 14, 2010

Tool #7

I actually have a little experience with PhotoStory3. At the beginning of this school year, I used the program with my students to create a digital story about how we choose books at the library. The students helped sequence the pictures according to what they do when in the library. They also narrated the pictures. I really wanted to include it in this blog, but it is saved on my san drive and for some reason I'm not able to access it. I'm so bummed! I created this PhotoStory about our last days at RGE this school year.

I think that PhotoStory3 is a useful tool in the classroom. It can help students with sequencing. When narrating the story, the students have to decided what is most imporant about the photo and basically summarize it. This can help them make a good connection with reading comprehension. I wanted to use a PhotoStory with an autistic student in my class, but, unfortunately I wasn't able to get to it. He had a difficult time with sequencing. Making a PhotoStory of his daily schedule would have helped him with sequencing events as well as helping him with routine.

6 comments:

  1. Melanie, I absolutely LOVED your photostory! I didn't realize how much I was going to miss the old building, like the paintings/murals painted throughout the building. And I agree with you, it will definitely help students with sequencing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used PhotoStory for the first time this year. It is a treasure, we sequenced events and wrote some terrific stories. I love your photostory. Great Memories! I am also terribly upset that I can not access my photostory files (sandisk) nightmare. It really is my fault for allowing my little one to play with it. Your animotos are so inspirational, Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie,
    That was a great photostory. I also liked your suggestion for using in the classroom as a way to get students to apply summarizing and sequencing. Thanks for the great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie!
    What an incredible photostory! Your amazing with your camera. Great ideas with teaching sequencing! Keep clicking way into 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Melanie!!
    It's a great idea to make a photostory of their daily schedules to help them with transitions and sequencing.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie,
    I remember viewing your Library photostory. This tool is one of my favorites...it's easy and the students get so much out of it because it's personal and they can connect to it. They own it!
    Your new Photostory, Our Last Days @ RGE was great idea! I had to hold back the tears.

    ReplyDelete